Saturday, September 5, 2009

August 22, 2009

Hey Family!
Hola mi familia! Thank you so much for the package. I loved it! Thanks for the cookies. They were so good. Everyone loved them. They pretty much were gone as soon as I opened the package. But now when anyone else gets something, I wont’ feel guilty for eating their stuff! It was really nice to hear how everyone was doing. So Jordan liked the Jeep? That’s good-I knew he would. Tell Ryan that I miss him and that we will go swimming when I get back. Tell everyone else Hi for me. Janae if you read this, good luck with the Jetta! OK, time to answer some questions. The MTC is amazing! It’s also really a lot of work. I feel like my testimony has grown so much. Yesterday me and my companion had a really cool experience. So a few times a week we have the opportunity to give a lesson to a teacher who acts like an investigator. Sos we knocked on the door ot this classroom and Sister Wilkin cam to the door. She is the teacher. So she did a really good job at acting angry. It took a lot of talking for her to finally let us inside to give her the first lesson. I was so nervous because I knew she would tell us what we did wrong when we messed up. I was struggling with what to say and trying my hardest to find the right words. I didn’t really know what to do so I decided to share my testimony. After that it was amazing how her attitude changed. I really felt the Spirit for the first time while teaching. I was not worried about what to say, it just came to me. We were able to give the lesson better than I thought we could, definitely better than we had ever done. After that she told us that we did amazing! She said it was perfect and that she would like it if we would set up another appointment. So we could practice a progressive investigator. That was a really awesome experience. I truly know what it means to teach with the Spirit. Ok, so the language is very difficult, but it’s coming. I know how to say half a prayer in espanol. I told you about my companion and my room mates. Oh, they are all going to the exact same mission as me. My district is great. They are all really easy to get along with and every one of them has such strong testimonies. I have the funniest Elder in my district, Elder Larson. He is kind of over-weight, and he is not embarrassed about it. I have almost died laughing at him. He is actually sitting right next to me talking about how stupid a dragonfly is. LOL. The food is great, but I have never spent more time on the el bano (look it up) in my life! I think I have learned most of my espanol on it. JK! Yes, I have had the opportunity to play basketball- 5 days a week, it’s great! The games don’t normally get that intense, so I think my shoulder will be fine. I don’t really have a favorite part of the MTC. It’s hard, but I’m enjoying every single minute of it. I have come to know more than ever that this is where God wants me to be. I love the gospel and can’t wait to share it with the people in Ecuador. Thank you so much for everything. I love you all so much and look forward to reading the next letter. Odios!
Love,
Elder Keables
P.S. My p-day is on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment