Monday, November 29, 2010

I felt like a ninja turtle in there...

November 29, 2010

My Beloved Family

Hello there my beloved family!! How art thou in thy days? ok wow it’s way to hard to write like that. That’s just another proof that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God because any other person I know would get tired of talking like that in less than a page of writing. And just think, I could barely write two sentences and people think that Joseph wrote more than 500 pages. I don’t believe so. Actually, I know that he couldn’t do that, and that he didn’t do that because he was called of God and ordained of God to bring forth his Gospel in these days. I’m just saying… Anyway so how are you all?? I am a little bit surprised that I haven’t gotten a letter from you today yet. I imagine that something happened and you don’t have enough time to write me. But don’t worry about it- no big deal. I am doing just great here with my comp. We are just loving the mish every single day of the week. Hey so you said that Beth was getting baptized on the 11th of December- that’s pretty cool because we are going to have two baptisms that day too. We are really excited because it’s going to be a white night o noche blanca which means that it’s all the stake and that all the missionaries are going to have a baptism or a few that night. So we are really excited and also that means that Cody will be getting here in just a few more days after that. Gosh, I love the mission. Hey remember that video that you made of Jordan’s mission? Ya well I just showed it to my comp and after watching it I always feel so lucky to be here in the mish and having so many experiences. I really can’t explain in words how great these last months have been of my life. They are times I will never forget for all my life. Also, I have made so many friendships that I will cherish for all my life and for more than that. It’s true- time goes by so fast, and I don’t want to waste any of it. This last week was really a good week. Yesterday in Ecuador they had this thing where they go by all the houses and license all the people, or they ask questions about so many different things. It’s the same thing that they do in the United States but they just do it through the mail there, but here we had to stay in our house all day until 6pm. There were people from the marines walking around outside with FAT guns!! They didn’t let anyone leave their houses and they had students enter the house and count the people and ask questions. lol me and my comp talked like the whole time and also read in the scriptures and all that good stuff. lol it was a very long day in the house, but we still had a good time. OH mom, before I forget, I have a question. Have you put that 40 bucks on my card because only two more weeks and Elder Halls is going home and I want to buy his camera. Let me know by next week so I can take it out and buy the camera. Man I miss my camera so much. Even more after seeing all the pics that Jordan took. Another question. Mom how are the pics that I have taken so far? Have a taken a lot?? Are they good pics that I will enjoy after the mish? I feel like I haven’t taken any pics at all. Sometimes it’s just hard because it so dangerous here. Anyway, just tell me what you think and I’ll try and do better. ok so two things happened this last week. First we put another baptism date with Antonela Vargas, and she is going to get baptized on the 11th of December. She will turn 10 on the 7 of Dec. so she is excited to have her baptism right after. Also, for Thanksgiving me and my comp bought a hamburger and they were pretty dang good, if I don’t say so myself. lol hola soy jhon un futuro misionero de la estaca pradera muchos saludos de mi parte bendiciones. lol y seguro que el va a ser un buen misionero. lol That was one of the guys in my ward. He said that he is future missionary from our ward and he says hi and gives you blessings. lol they are sitting right at my side on the other computer and wanted to say something. lol but anyways that is pretty much all we did for Thanksgiving. oh also all the youth in our ward came by our house at night to bring us food that they had made that night at an activity. lol did I ever tell you that here we can’t eat lettuce and also pig and strawberries? There are a lot of things here as missionaries that we can’t eat because in makes us sick or it’s not safe. We have to be very careful with what we eat here and what we drink. Oh one more thing that happened that was interesting this last week. So on Thursday me and my comp went to do service at a member’s house, and we worked all the morning. After we got finished with that service, which was scraping paint off of a wall. After that we went to our momasita or the lady that we eat with on Thursdays and we went in regular clothes. When she saw us she was so excited because we came ready to do service. Somehow she had it in her mind that we were coming to paint her house, and she was so excited that we had remembered about the service, which we didn’t. We had no idea that we were going to help her out, and it was already like 1:30 in the afternoon. lol so after we ate, I asked her if we could come on Sat in the morning and she was like ya esta buen. lol so when we got there on Sat, she had a new job. lol this job sucked soo bad. She wanted us to clean out her water tank that is underground. lol she opened it up and it was so sick! It’s the water that they use to clean and shower and everything. Like water from the spicket. lol it was so sick. When I saw it I thought, “Are you joking? I am going to get a worm in my foot or something” No joke- when I got down in there, I saw like so many worms and stuff. I was sure that I was going to die. No joke- and the worst was that she told me to take of my shoes and I was like esta loca. lol but after she convinced me for a few minutes I finally realized that there was no other way so I jumped in. The good thing is that I have looked at my feet almost everyday now, and I haven’t gotten anything. lol so I think I am going to live. lol I really thought that I was going to get a worm in my foot or something like that. Everything just turned out great, and I felt like a ninja turtle in there. lol but ya that’s about all the stories that I have for this week. Well, I think that it’s time to go now because it’s almost 6 o clock. lol anyway I just want you all to know that I am doing great here in the service of the Lord. I love you all and I am looking forward to talking to you in just a few more weeks. I hope you all have a great week. Love you all. les quiero y estoy muy agradecido por todo lo que hacen para mi.

Love, Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment