Monday, November 15, 2010

I love the mission!

November 15, 2010

Dear Fam!!!

I’m great! How are all of you? How is life going back in the Good Old U.S.A? Is it starting to look a lot like Christmas?? Because it’s starting to look like it here, and it’s freakin me out!! lol Hey so mom yes I did get a message from Cody, and it sounds like he is doing great in the MTC and seems way excited to come here! oh and don’t worry about the camera money too much because Elder Halls is not going to leave until the 12 of Dec so you have some time!

ok so it sounds like things are just moving along as normal there back at home! It’s good to hear a little report on the life of everyone in the family to see how they are doing. ok Jordan going to Mexico? That is soo sick, and to tell you the truth since the time you told me that Jordan was going to do that, like a few months ago, I have really thought that would be so sick to do! I am not even home yet and I already am thinking about taking trips to other countries to get to know more and learn more. lol I’ll wait until I get home to think too much about that, but yes that would be so sick!! That is so weird that there won’t be any Keables in the primary when I get back from the mish, and that Ryan will have the Priesthood! Loco!!

ok so what’s new here in Ecuador or what’s happened in the last week since the last time that I have written you all? Ok so my companion continues to make me laugh so hard. Today for p-day we went to go eat lunch at a local restaurant and we got rice and this meat and some soup and my companion looked at me out of disgust and told me that he was kind of hoping for a break from eating that kind of food. lol something that I have found out is that he is a very picky eater and doesn’t like a lot of stuff like rice or beans, which is what we eat here every day! lol it’s so funny to see him trying to force the food down. As you can see in the picture, my comp is super thin, so he has no room for the food. Sometimes when they aren’t looking I have him shovel some of his rice on my plate so he won’t die. lol In this last week he has been coming out of his shell a little bit more and talking, so that’s been nice. lol He is really a funny guy!

Talking about the work- It is going good. It’s been hard because the missionaries before us weren’t working very much, so when we got here it was like starting from ground one, but things are starting to get a lot better and our numbers should start going up in this week that’s coming. We have some really good investigators, and we are planning on putting dates with them in this week that’s coming. As of right now, we don’t have anyone with a baptism date, but after this next week, I am sure that we will have a few that will have accepted. But really the work is going great, and my comp every day is learning and getting better at Spanish. The mission is making a few changes in the way that we teach, so we are just trying to put all these things to practice so that we can have a lot of success. Really we are working hard and trying to be as obedient as possible. I really love our new sector and I hope that I have some time here to work and have baptisms. All the members are really cool and they are always trying to help us out. Right now what my companion and I are trying to do is gain the confidence of all the members and motivate them to work in the missionary work or to share the Gospel. We want there to be more than just two missionaries in the ward; we want all the members working with us, so instead of having just two missionaries we will have 100 and something. That is our plan. hey you guys should do that same thing at home. Remember that every member is a missionary and start helping the elders at home out find and teach people. Really do it! Give them references, then go with them to teach!! I promise blessings!! And so does the Lord!! We NEED to share the Gospel, and we should always look for opportunities to share with our friends. Because what we have is true and no one else has it or knows it, but they can if we open our mouth!! I love the mission!

ok well I don’t really know what else to write to you guys about so I think I am just going to end it here. I love you all and I’m so thankful for all the things you all do for me. I feel so blessed to have friends and family like you all, and I feel even more blessed to be here in Ecuador and share what I know to be true and represent the Lord our Savior Jesus Christ, to be in his work and have his name over my heart everyday! I love you all and miss you all!

From, Elder Keables aka Que-Hables !! lol they all say that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment