Monday, November 8, 2010

We already had a good first week...

November 8, 2010

Ok wow where to start? To answer some of the questions that dad had. Yes there are two new elders that took our place in my old sector. My old companion is here in Guayaquil working with his new comp. I have only seen him one time since last week, but he seems to be doing really well. Ok thanks mom for the Christmas packages. I am super excited for that. I can’t believe that Christmas is coming. Yesterday I saw a Christmas tree and I thought it was a joke, but then I realized that it’s only a few weeks away. lol I am excited. Pretty sure that I will be here with my companion that I have right now. Ok so about my comp. So he came straight from Peru to here. So pretty much he just finished what Cody is starting up right now. He said that he liked Peru a lot because they got to leave the limits and go work in the street twice a week. To tell you the truth he is speaking way better Spanish than I was when I first got here. It’s still really hard for him to speak and the people really don’t understand that well, but in a few weeks he will get used to things and start speaking better. Oh, so his name is Elder Zimmerman and he is from Utah. I am way excited to be his trainer and help him get used to the mission and teach him the way of Ecuador. lol He really is a way cool guy and I am sure that we are going to work really well together and have a lot of success. We already had a good first week. I am way excited for this week to keep working in the sector and get to know the members and everything. We have a really cool ward, and the members are all way nice and always looking for ways to serve the missionaries. We have so many people that are willing to go out and teach lessons with us. This Sunday after church just about every young man in the ward came up to us after church and asked us when they could help us with lessons in the week. I really love this new sector. Also, we have the best zone leaders in the whole mission- Elder Halls and Elder Reese. They are way sick and so helpful. On Tuesday when I went to get my new companion the zone leaders went to our house and cleaned it all up and left candy on the front door step with a note for my new comp saying welcome to the mish. It was so nice of them because the two missionaries that left, left the house in a mess, and I didnt have time to clean anything up. Also, I got to go and do 2 sessions in the temple this last week. I went on Wed. with all the new missionaries and their trainers and on Thurs with all the district and zone leaders in the whole mission. It was so nice to enter the temple and feel the Spirit that is always there. Ok so more about my comp. So he is really a shy kind of guy. I am trying to get him to teach more and to talk more but he just looks so scared. He is super humble and super nice, just a little bit shy. But I was probably the same way when I got here. Something that I have noticed a difference in me is that I feel so much more comfortable talking with random people. I feel like I have gotten over my fear of talking with strangers, or its just a lot easier now. It still scares me sometimes. Anyway, so dad asked if my new area is new for me. Ok so remember when I was in Centenario? Well, actually where I am at right now is like 5 minutes down the street. It’s actually really close. Oh so I’ve got to tell you guys something that is so funny. Ok so training my companion reminds me so much of how I was when I first got here. No joke -everything he does reminds me of what I used to do. I walked around just freaked out of my mind over this place. And I am sure that it shows when you read my letters from the first month or two from the mish. Ok so something else that is funny. Right now there is this shorter fat guy sitting next to my comp and keeps asking him questions. My comp looks freaked out by the guy and keeps looking at me, asking for help or he wants me to save him. He asked my comp if he was writing the girlfriend, but I don’t think my comp understands him, so is acting like his not listening. Lol or he just smiles and looks the other way. Lol oh it reminds me of the first part of the mission. I remember when I first got here I would always look at my comp in the lessons whenever I couldn’t understand or I thought I was saying something wrong. Now it’s the opposite. My comp is always looking at me when he wants to say something or when they ask questions. Wow, it’s so weird training. Lol Man, to tell you the truth I cant wait until Cody gets here! It is going to be so sick. I am sure that I will see him soon after he arrives. It’s going to be so sick. Ok so right now I am going to send you guys a pic of me and my new comp that we took today in our house. As you can tell I just got a new haircut, and I am looking pretty DANG GOOD if I don’t say so myself! Lol jk ok well if think I am going to finish up this letter, because want to write something short for Cody! I just want you all to know like always that I love you all and miss you all very much. I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you the next week. Love you all!! The church it true!!

From, ELDER KEABS, KEABLES

No comments:

Post a Comment