Monday, April 25, 2011

We are working hard and doing our best...

April 25, 2011
My Fam!!!
Hey Happy Easter to you all!!! lol Actually we didn’t do anything special for the weekend. The people here did celebrate it on the weekend. They call it here semana santa, or holy week that is. Pretty much everyone is Catholic so it made teaching really interesting lol. Really it’s so crazy how strongly the people here worship the Virgin. There are so many churches and every church has a Virgin. The people go to the statue of the Virgin and start praying to it and doing all sorts of things. It’s very interesting their beliefs. They talk more about the Virgin than they do about God or his Son Jesus Christ. Anyway just thought I would let you all know a little about that. ok so ya I’ll call you guys on Mother’s Day right and you guys will just return the call right? I’ll call your cell phone now that I have the number. Ok so no, me and Cody are not in the same zone, I am in Cuenca and he is in Catamayo, the place that I was at like 6 months ago. I did get to see him this last week though and that was way cool. We took some pics so I’ll be sure to send some to you guys today. Ok so mom talking about school. Yes I am way down with taking algebra again!! I need to redeem myself from that bad grade that I got that semester!! Also, I think here in the mission I have learned how to study a lot better. I believe that is something that I didn’t know how to do very well before leaving. I know that I will get a good grade in that class. ok so also I would love to take Spanish, but it would have to be a Spanish that is a harder class, because I am pretty sure it would be way too easy for me if I took one of the basic classes for people that don’t know Spanish. lol It’s pretty sick to be able to say that I can speak Spanish fluently now!!!! lol with my new companion I have been practicing a lot and learning a lot of new words that are really hard, but my Spanish is even getting better. lol I still don’t talk like a Latin, but I get myself along. lol But ya so mom 4 or 5 classes sounds good to me!! I have faith that you will do a great job planning that all out for me. I can’t believe that we are actually planning my schedule for school and I can’t believe that it’s actually getting close. lol it really scares me!! oh before I forget mom thanks for putting that 50 dollars on my card. I don’t think that I am going to need it because they gave my companion his money today so now we are good. I will save it to be able to buy some cool stuff to bring home for you all!! But in the next few months I won’t think about that. lol so mom I have been thinking lately about what I want to do for a living. Really I have been thinking about it a lot and I think I have come to a conclusion!! After doing some deep searching and pondering, and really thinking it out, I have made up my mind that yup I have no idea what I want to do!!! lol no just playin, but seriously I really don’t know. I mean I would love to do something with therapy or sports, but I’ll have to look into it further. ok so what’s new??? Well I already told you guys that I am training again. That’s pretty fun. It’s a lot different training a Latin.lol but I am enjoying it. We are working hard and doing our best. We are also be very obedient like Jordan told me to do. lol Today we went and played a big game of ultimate frisbee!! It was pretty fun but let me tell you I am so tired. lol really it’s been awhile since I have run like that!!! I mean I might be a lot thinner but I am way out of shape. I believe me and my comp are going to start running 3 days a week starting tomorrow so that I can get back in shape. I might need to buy some running shoes because my bball shoes are garbage now. But I heard that where I am at is double the elevation of Utah so if I get in shape here I will be good when I get home. lol its like 8 thousand feet here which it way high I think!! lol idk ask dad!! ok so what else can I tell you all about. ok So on Monday we went to a zone conference. That’s when I saw Elder Storm. But it was way cool, we got to listen the Elder Nash of the Seventy!! He talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and it was sooooo powerful, really I felt the spirit soo strong in that conference. He also was talking about what we can do better in our teaching and how we need to teach people and not lessons. Adapt our teaching to the investigator. It was really good and I learned soo much. Wish i would have known this stuff when I was starting off my mission and not when I am ending it.lol but really it was way cool and I learned so much!! And it seems to be working. ok so my comp is still writing and I don’t really know what to say or do right now. Man I am sorry that I am so bad at writing but I just don’t know what to write about!!! Right now we are teaching a few people but right now there is not much to tell you about as of investigators. We are looking for new people to teach because we only have a few good people as of right now. I’ll tell you more about that next week when I write again. ok well I really don’t know what else to say so I guess I’ll just say that I love you all very much and I’m looking forward to talking to you all again on Mother’s Day. Thanks for everything. I hope you guys have a safe and very enjoyable trip to Utah and that you all learn a lot. Tell whit I said hi and that I love her!! And to everyone else!! ok nos vemos!!!

With love, Elder Keables!!

No comments:

Post a Comment