Monday, May 24, 2010

“A missionary leaves his family for 2 years so that other families can be together forever!”

May 24, 2010

Fam!!!
Ok so I can’t believe that they only have one more week of school, time is going by way fast. Tell Julia and Janae that I said congrats and that I miss them a lot and love them, oh and also Ryan and Melissa also. It sounds like things are going great back at home. The trip to see Whitney sounds like it’s going to be really fun. When I talked to Whit on the phone she said that she was really looking forward to seeing you guys. Lol and yes I do know what that feels like. There are a lot of things that I really miss. Today I was walking in the mall, and they had some clips of basketball playing on some TVs and I felt so homesick to play, or I would give anything to play in a fat game of basketball. There are a lot of things that I miss, but at the same time I love the mission. We had a better week me, and my comp, so there are a few things I can tell you guys, if time permits. Oh hey so we had service in the temple this morning and it was really cool. We got to work in the laundry room folding clothes. There were a few senior couples that were working there and one was from California. It was funny because some of them didn’t know very much Spanish, but they were still there trying their best to understand. Ok so have a few questions for you guys. What’s Kyle’s friends name again? The other question I have is if Aunt Khristine knows a guy in her stake that has the name Sanchez Santos? There is an old couple in our ward and their son lives in Sacramento and works in the temple there. I don’t know if she knows him, but I thought I would ask. And the last question I have is mom do you still have that application that Jordan sent home for the girls that want to date a returned missionary? I was telling my comp about that, and he wants one, and I also would like to read it again. Anyway those are the questions that I have for this week. Ok so what can I tell you guys about? Ok so we have two people with baptisms dates!! Emily and Luis are their names. Luis has 18 years and Emily is 15. They both didn’t go to church this last week, so we are going to have to see how things are doing. But they are really cool and they are progressing. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but I’ll definitely let you guys know more about them next week or how they are doing. I have more to tell you but I don’t have very much time so if I have time latter I’ll write another letter and if not I’ll just write you guys next week. But I want you all to know that I love you all so much! Really I didn’t realize how lucky I was until I moved out and lived on my own. I have the best family in the world and the best mom and dad. Thanks for everything you do! I miss you guys and think of you guys a lot. The bishop sent me a quote that I really liked. It says “A missionary leaves his family for 2 years so that other families can be together forever!” I cant explain the happiness if feel when I think of being together for time and eternity and its even better to have this opportunity to share that joy with other families. I love you all and miss you and want you all to know that this is the work of the Lord and that I know the church is true. Miss you! Love you!

Con amor, Elder Keables

Hey I was going to send a few more pics, but I’ve got to run. But this is a pic that I took at night some time this week. No last week I think. But ya this is on top of the roof. lol love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment