Monday, February 22, 2010

We ended up eating two chicken feet in the same week...

February 22, 2010

Hey Family!!!

Hey! How are you all?? By the sound of the last few letters that I have gotten it sounds like you are all doing just great without me!! Lol That’s really cool that Lili´s sister went to the church dance and had a good time. Have you guys talked to Lili or seen her recently? I have been getting letters, but it’s been a little hard to send them out. I was going to send one out today, but we didn’t end up going to the office. I have a letter for her and one for all the machete guys too! I wrote like 8 letters this last week or two, and hopefully I can send them out next week. That’s my plan anyway. Ok so I have some funny and cool stories to tell you guys about this week. It seemed like everything happened to me this week, and I don’t even know why. Ok where do I start? lol so guess what? I have over 4 months in Ecuador and never have seen someone eating a chicken foot. I remember seeing that online when I was looking up things about here. But anyway we were at an investigator’s house eating dinner and we were all talking and eating. They are a really cool family, and I think I have told you about them, the family Cepeda. So we were eating there, and I had just finished eating when David the husband came in the room eating a chicken foot. Lol When I saw it I was so surprised and asked him what he was eating. My comp said that I sounded really amazed that they would eat something like that, or that I was making fun of the food. Because as soon as I said, “What are you eating?” he kicked my leg under the table, but at that time it was too late. When they saw that I was making fun of the food, they insisted that I eat the other leg. Lol I think they wanted to prove to me that it is really better then it looks. Lol anyway so I ended up eating the leg, and to tell you the truth it wasn’t that bad. It really just tasted like I was eating straight up fat. lol Anyway we were eating the food the other day and one of the ladies that feeds us gave us a chicken foot again. So in two weeks we ended up eating two chicken feet in the same week. Lol I really hope that makes since, what I just said. It’s a little bit hard to write right now because I have this guy sitting right next to me, and is so amazing to him that I am writing in English that he won’t even stop looking at me or what I’m writing. Lol it’s a little bit weird. Ok so remember I was telling you guys about the holiday that they celebrate herd where they throw stuff? Anyway so Tuesday of this last week was the worst day of them all. It was almost impossible to leave the house without getting paint or water thrown at you. We had a zone conference in the morning on Tuesday and we had just finished and me and about 20 other missionaries were all on the bus going back to our sectors. As we were coming back there were little kids and people on both sides of the streets throwing water and stuff at the cars. It was funny because one of the windows was open where two of the missionaries were sitting and this kid threw a water balloon with paint, and it went through the window and hit the one elders in the shoulder. It ended up getting on the both of the elders that were sitting there. When it happened everyone on the bus was laughing. I remember sitting there not really worried because I didn’t have a window next to me. I was sitting next to the door, but they kept shutting it after every group of little kids. Anyway so we were driving back and I was still sitting there laughing looking at the elder who got hit. I remember looking forward and not seeing any more kids. I was not even expecting what happened next. I remember seeing a parked car on the side of the road and as we were passing it there was like 4 kids with water balloons. They all threw their balloons and one of them went right through the door and hit me right in the face. The crazy thing was I was not sitting next to the door. I thought I was safe, but it ended up hitting me right in the eye. Like right after I got hit in the face and everyone starting laughing again, two people in the back of the bus stood up and started spraying this soap spray stuff. Lol by the time we got of the bus we were all covered with water, paint and soap. Lol it was really crazy! Later that day, we tried teaching, but ended up coming back to the house with paint and water all over us. Really every street we headed down to get to a house we would come running back the opposite direction. Really, over all, it was a crazy day or a crazy three days. Lol oh ya and I also had I cockroach crawl down my pants while we were contacting and I think that the family thought I was way crazy. Really I just started freaking out while we were talking to them. I ended up finding it after we left that house and turned the corner. But ya it was I really good week full of a lot of really interesting experiences. Ok so I want to tell you about an experience that I had that was really cool. The other day we were teaching one of the investigators that we have. Her name is Carmon Canstante. We had just taught the whole lesson, and it had gone really well. After the lesson ended or towards the end of the lesson my comp asked her if she would except a baptism date for the next month. When he asked her, she replied that she doesn’t feel ready and that she wants a little more time. She seemed to be a little annoyed that we had asked her. The cool thing was I remember feeling that I should just open my mouth and just start talking. I had no idea what I was going to say, but I just started talking. The thing that was so amazing is that everything I said seemed to come out just perfect. After I had finished talking, I felt like I couldn’t have said anything more perfect in that time and moment. I also remember feeling like that wasn’t what I was thinking. It’s hard to put it into words, but I felt like I wasn’t doing the talking. It was the first time that what I said seemed to make since, and it was also the first time where I don’t feel like I said it. Lol really it was amazing because I felt the Spirit so strong, and I know that she did too. I know that it was the Spirit speaking to me and telling me what to say. I am positive that I couldn’t have done that on my own. She still hasn’t accepted a date, but she went to church, and I think she might accept one this week. She is really doing well, and I am really hoping that she continuous to. The first time we met her like 3 months ago she didn’t even want to listen and now when we go by she has everything ready to go. She puts the chairs outside so that we can teach her. And she is always reading and praying. I’ll let you guys know what happens with her and if we have any good progress this week. lol, Anyway so that was pretty much my week. lol oh I almost forgot. Mom could you tell Janae and Melissa that I said happy birthday!!! I think I might write a little letter for them this week and send it out next week, but if you could tell them happy Birthday or Faliz Cumpleanoz! Lol and tell them that I miss them and love them. Well family I think I gotta be going. I hope all is well with you guys back at home. I love you all very much and miss you so much!!!

Con Amor. Elder Keables

1 comment: