Monday, February 8, 2010

I almost have 6 months of my mish finished...

February 8, 2010
Hola Familia!!!
Hola mi familia! ¿Como están? Muchas gracias por la carta me enviaron. Lol ok I’m going to write in English because I think it’s as hard for you guys to read it as it is for me to write it. But really I received another card in the mail on Tues and I love it. So thank you so much. Ok wow I can’t believe that the Super Bowl has already passed and even more crazy is that I almost have 6 months of my mish finished. It’s really crazy how fast time is going. I think that the weeks are what go by so fast. Really I feel like I wrote you guys yesterday. But anyway mom that sound good with Coach Critchfield. Just to let you know I played basketball at the church this morning, which makes it the second time for this change. Me my comp and two of our investigators went to the church and played 2 on 2 and cabillo or I think that means horse. Lol but ya after playing I realized how much that I need to play more, because I’m starting to play like a old man. Lol no I just get tired really fast. Ok so I will write something and send it in my next email for
Taylor’s Eagle Scout Court of Honor . man that’s a little scary what should I say? Are you sure they are going to read it in front of everyone or is it just for him? Lol ok so what could I tell you about what has happed this week. I’m sorry if my letters are getting more boring, but it’s hard sometimes because time is going by way too fast. Ok so first Victor Alaba. Well we aren’t going to be able to baptize him this week because he didn’t go to church and he has kinda ignored us. We have been trying to teach him, but haven’t had too much luck this week. I’m really not too sure what’s going to happen with him. I know it’s been awhile since I wrote about José Madina but to tell you the truth he doesn’t even talk to us that much anymore. He avoids us when he sees us and he never has time to listen. Its super sad because he just looks so much sadder or just not as happy and same with Victor. Its really amazing the difference that the gospel makes in their lives when they are trying to do what is right, compared to when they don’t listen and don’t try and do what is right. We are still trying, and praying for them every day so we will see what happens. A few weeks back we found a family that is really cool and really nice. It’s a younger couple with a little baby boy and the brother of the guy in the couple. The name of the family is family Cepeda. We have been teaching them and this last Sunday they went to church and on sat they went to a baptism of 2 other elders. They have been making a lot of progress, the only thing that is in the way is that they are not married! They want to be baptized, but can’t unless they get hitched. We have talked to them about that, but still don’t know what’s going to happen. Because they want to get married but they can’t do that tampoco. I really don’t know everything behind that so we will have to see this week. But ya we also have a few other that are making some progress, but we need them to just go the church and do a few more things. It’s been a little difficult with the baptisms this change and I’m pretty sure we won’t have one, Hopefully next change. It’s crazy because the end of this change is this Sunday and it is very likely that I could go, but we well see. It has rained a lot the last few weeks and it’s kinda funny. Awhile back it rained all through the night and when I woke up in the morning my bed was way soaked. It’s funny because we have a bunch of little buckets to catch the rain, because we have a lot of holes in roof. Oh I almost forgot to tell you about what’s supposed to happen this week. Ok so they have this weird tradition here. The second week in February the people fill up water balloons and throw them at everyone!!! All day they will be throwing water balloon and all week. Not only do they put water, but they put paint in the water. So my comp and me will probable be wearing the same shirt and supposedly by the end of the week it should be a lot of different colors. Lol I gotta admit I’m really looking forward to it. Lol I think we might by water guns for protection. Lol I’ll definitely let you guys know how this next week goes. But mom don’t worry the people here are all so very nice. I can honestly say that they are so much cooler or nicer then the people in the U.S. They hardly ever get mad, and they always just accept us into their houses. They always offer us stuff to eat, drinks, soda, and so much more. They are like the nicest people ever and its soo cool. Hey so I don’t have a lot of time but I just wanted to give you an update about Spanish. It is still way hard! lol no actually to tell you the truth, it has gotten so much better in this last week. My comp has given me the opportunity to talk a lot more at the start of the lessons. I don’t really have that big of a problem understanding anymore. I mean ya sometimes I don’t understand because they use a word I don’t know but for the most part I understand all their questions. It’s still hard to talk but its coming. but ay ill give you another update later. But family I think I gotta be going, but I just wanted to say thank you for the letter and for the packages and for everything. You’re the best family in the world, and I love you all. Tell Jordan thanks for the Dear Elder. I hope all is well with you and that you have a great week. Oh and Elder Daniels says hi back. Lol You are always in my prayers. Love you all!!!!
Con Amor, Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment