Sunday, March 27, 2011

I now know like the 2000 Stripling Warriors knew...

March 21, 2011

Hey fam!!

ok so you still haven’t written me but I imagine that you are in the middle of doing that right now. So I guess I will just send some pics first while I am waiting for you to send me a letter. ok so the two first pics are of the baptism that we had this Friday. That’s hermano Luis Guaman that got baptized. He is such a nice guy and has really changed his life in the last few weeks. He is the one whose wife got baptized a few weeks before and he had to wait because he had a problem with drinking. Actually with the sister missionaries found him he was way drunk and he actually called them over. They took his direction and didn’t think that he really wanted them to visit his house, but when they went they found out that he really wanted to change his life and same with his wife. But ya after the wife got baptized they moved to our sector and we taught him and he got baptized. lol but ya they are so amazing. Really they are such a strong fam. They are paying their tithing every week. It’s cool to see the change in his life and how happy he was after the baptism. ok the the third pic is of one of the kids of some of our investigators. The parents of this little kid have a baptism date for this Saturday but they still aren’t too sure. They will really need your prayers. Their names are Ivan y ana maria crespo. They are way way cool and I am sure they will get baptized it’s just they need a little bit stronger of a testimony on the Book of Mormon and also that Joseph Smith was a prophet so we are working hard with them on that. ok the the fourth pic is of my new chompa that I got last Monday. You all gotta admit that I look pretty dang good in that chompa no?? lol its so cold here that I had to buy myself something to keep myself warm. lol ya it does the job. lol the only bad thing is that when it rains it’s like a sponge and sucks up all the water lol but other than that, it is pretty legit if I don’t say so myself. lol ya don’t know how to spell that word but you get what I am saying right? lol anyway so what else can I tell you about?? What’s new in my life?? Really everything is just about the same. I still love the mission and I am having the best time of my life. Really I am so glad that I am here and not anywhere else. Really I want you all to know that I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that I have told you all this like a million times, but it’s just that my testimony has grown so much in these last few months. Through seeing the change that the gospel has in people’s lives and the change that it has had in my own life in these last few months really helps me understand the importance of what I am teaching and the truthfulness of what I am teaching. Really mom and dad I am so thankful that you guys helped me to get to this point because if it wasn’t for you two I wouldn’t be here and I wouldn’t know what I know. Through the many things you guys have taught me I have been able to teach others and help them change their lives. I now know like the 2000 Stripling Warriors knew that what my parents have taught me are true things and that really I have been born and raised in the true church and in the true faith. I have been born of goodly parents who love the Lord. I feel so grateful and I feel so lucky to have what I have and to know what I know. And most of all I am glad that I can share it with my brothers and sisters here in Ecuador and I will always share it. Thanks mom and dad and family, I love you all ber much. Say hi to everyone for me and tell them that I am doing great here in Ecuador. That really I couldn’t be doing better. Actually if could if that family gets baptized this weekend. lol I love you all and miss you all. Hey write me and I’ll look at my mail before 6. ok will have a great week and ill talk to you later!!!


Love, Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment