Monday, April 26, 2010

He said he felt peace and that the Book of Mormon is true.

April 26, 2010
Querido family!
Hola mi Fam how are you? Sounds like everything is going great back at home and that times are really changing. You say that it’s starting to get warm there? Well it hasn’t even stopped here. lol I’m still dieing of the heat. They say one more month and it should get a lot nicer or less rain, so less humidity. I am really looking forward to that. ok so Lili saw that video, that’s so funny. I put some of the videos of Elder Salcedo because I want to have them as memories and also I bought a pin drive from him to put my pics and stuff on, so that way if my camera gets way too full I can put the pics on the pen drive and not have to worry about losing them or sending a CD right away. But about that song, so I have heard it so many times here. Once on the bus, another time while doing service for a family, and that time at the talent show. It’s funny because I almost got talked into singing a Backstreet Boys song that night, but we had to return to the house right before they called my name. lol talk about good timing. But ya now that I understand the words to the song it’s like 10 times better. It’s really a good song. Actually I never knew it, but there is a lot of good music in Spanish and I can’t wait to listen to it. lol but I am glad that you guys liked to pics that we took. I’m pretty excited because we are going to the church today at 3 to play basketball or teach all the young men how to play. Hopefully, I’ll get some good pics with them. Thanks to Lili I have a really nice ball to bring to help teach them. I’m pretty pumped, its going to be sick. ok so I don’t have that much time so I wanted to tell you about my week really quickly. ok so on Tuesday we went back to the kid’s house that I was telling you about. The one whose older sister is member.. Well his name is Stalin and he is amazing. On Tuesday we asked him if he had read and he said yes. We then asked him how he felt. He said he felt peace and that the Book of Mormon is true. When I heard that, I was so excited. We taught him the second lesson about the plan de salvacion and I used those paper cut outs that you gave me. lol at the end of the lesson we asked him if he would prepare to be baptized for the date 8 of May and he said, YES!!!! He said yes without hesitation. Since that day we have returned a few times and taught him a few more other things. Yesterday he went to church for the first time and stayed all 3 hours. He is doing great and seems to be really excited. He really is amazing and I can see him as being such a great member and even better MISSIONARY. lol he has asked a lot of questions about missionaries and what we do and how did we become missionaries. lol I can totally see him as a missionary. He went to church with a white shirt, tie and slacks, and some of the members asked him what ward he was from and said that he looks like a missionary. lol he just laughed. But if everything goes well we will have the baptism on the 8 and on the 9 I can tell you all about it. I hope and pray that that’s the case. I think so because he is doing everything that we have asked, but I’ll let you know how he is doing next week... well I probably better get going. But mom thanks for the pics. It’s good to see what’s going on back in Chico. lol well sorry I have to make this letter short, but I’ll write a bigger one next week, maybe. lol well I love you all and miss you. Don’t worry about me. I’m doing great here in Ecuador. I hope all is going great for you all at home. Love you all.

Con Amor, Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment