Monday, January 25, 2010

...really its sooooo hot here all the time...

January 25, 2010

Family!

Hey fam how are you all? Well it sound like your all doing pretty good through the letters. It’s crazy how much has already changed in these last few months that I have been gone. First of all, I had no idea that dad had hurt his knee, and I didn’t know that he was working in the East Ave Safeway. That way cool for him and at the same time that really stinks! Lol tell dad to say hi to Dr. Komas for me. It’s really crazy how things are changing while I’m gone. It’s funny because here everything feels the same or most everything. I mean there are some things that have changed, but not a lot. One of the weirdest things is to have it be so hot right now, really its sooooo hot here all the time. I did hear about the earthquake, and I have also heard the it is really cold in California right now. A few people said that it’s really cold there, and I don’t really know what they mean. Is it really cold there? But don’t worry about me here in Ecuador, really I make it sound a lot worse than it really is. But thank you so much for the prayers and for fasting. Ok so what can I tell you about that’s going on here? Ok so right now we have one person with a date for baptism. His name is Victor Alaba, and I think I already to you a little about him. He is one of the funniest guys that I have ever met. Really he doesn’t try to be funny, and I don’t even think that he knows he is sometimes. He is making a lot of progress and is doing great with all of the commitments. He really is so funny. For example the other day we gave him a paper that told him how to say the prayer. It said first you address you father in heaven… than you say thank you for…. Than you ask for something.. and than end in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.. lol well we gave him the paper and asked him to give the closing prayer… he accepted and started on the prayer.. He started out perfect by reading the first part, but then he read the next and then the next and then ended. It was funny because all he did was read the paper and didn´t put his own words into it. We explained it to him that he had to put his own words into it and then asked him to try again. When he tried again, he just read it again. It was really funny, but at the same time I didn’t want to laugh because I understand how he could get confused because a lot of other churches just have one prayer. And also because he was trying with all he could to say a good prayer. Really he is a great guy, and I think before the end of the combio we will baptize him, or I hope and pray. So if you could include him in your prayer then I would really appreciate it. We are teaching a few other people right now, and I think we will set the date this week, so I’ll let you know how that goes. que mas puedo contarles… ok I gotta tell you guys something that I saw yesterday that was really cool. Ok, so me and my comp were walking back from church when we saw a car catch on fire. The dad and son that were driving it quickly pulled over and jumped out of the car. The thing that was amazing was how fast and how many people helped them put it out. No joke- before they even pulled over, the people were waiting with buckets ready to put it out. Lol no not really, but almost. Well I would love to explain more about it, but I gotta go.. I hope all is going great with you all back at home. I love you all and miss you all very much. Love YOU all!!!!!

Con Mucho Amor, Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment