Monday, January 4, 2010

Pretty much the whole city was in flames...

January 4, 2010

Hey family,
ok so I have so much to tell you but right now the internet is not working very well so I’m going to send this just to let you know that I am safe and sound and doing just great. ill write something bigger and I hope that I can send it. If not, I love you all and I miss you!


Ok so how are you all? How was your new year? You have to tell me all about it! Anyway so mom to answer your question yes I did get the package with all the stuff and thank you so much! Love the CD’s, the light, and the book, and everything thanks. Ok before I get started I want to tell that I got a new companion today and his name is Elder Daniels. He is from Utah and is definitely a Gringo!! I have only known him for about 3 hours now, but he seems to be a really nice guy I think I’ll get along with him a bit better. He served in Galapagos for 7 months and now he is my comp. About 3 hours ago we picked him up at the air port. It took forever to pick him up because the plane was a bit late. So right now I don’t have a lot of time to write. But I want to write the most important stuff right now and I’ll try to fit all the other stuff in next week’s email or a letter to home. First we haven’t had any baptisms, but we have 3 with dates. Within the next few week we should get a few more. News Years was crazy! Pretty much the whole city was in flames and there were huge fireworks everywhere! I got a lot of videos that are crazy so you can see. Lol I saw someone get robbed the last week and I was glad that it wasn’t me. Oh I finished the BOM!! The first time that I have read it all the way through, and I did it and a different language. Lol I don’t now if that’s something to be proud of. Lol but ya I’m finished. Anyway mom, dad, family I really don’t have to much time to write and tell you all that happened and I wish I did. But because I don’t I’ll write a letter for home and send it next week. I promise that it well be much longer and that it will be filled with the details of this last week, especially New Years. Oh one last thing- remember I was telling you about the big dolls or statues or piñata things. Well one of the families that we had dinner at on New Years made one of this ano viallos of me. It was a missionary with a carrying bag that said Elder Keables! Lol I got some pics with it and I’ll send those too. Really we looked a lot alike. Lol it was an honor but at the same time I knew that they were going to burn it so at the time I didn’t know what to think. Actually I still don’t, but anyway I will write a long letter this week with all these details. Well I gotta go family, but I love you and I miss you!

Con Amor, Elder Keables

1 comment: