Saturday, October 10, 2009

Letter Home- October 2, 2009

October 2, 2009

Hola mi Familia,
Hola, como estus! That’s about all the Spanish I know. LOL Ok, I just got done sending an email to you, but I only have 30 minutes, and the way I type, it’s never enough. I also wanted to send these Hacemos lo justo rings, which means Choose the Right in Spanish. I thought that Ryan, Melissa, Julia, and Janae would like them. Dad and Mom if you want one, I can get for you guys, too. LOL Sorry they are kind of cheesy! I can’t wait to talk to you all in about 1 week. I have a lot to tell you about. I can never write enough to you. I am writing in my journal a lot though, don’t worry mom. It’s turning into a book. So I heard about Ecuador from a teacher and from some people who lived in Ecuador. I guess the food is amazing, especially the fruit! They said I’m going to get fat. I don’t know if I want to get fat, but I wouldn’t mind getting bigger. I also heard that for the rainy part of the year, we will wear those big rubber boots. He was telling us all about it, and it sounds so crazy. People live in those houses that are like chicken huts. Also, they build them like five feet off the ground because of all the flooding. Anyway, I’m excited! I am sorry if sometimes I don’t answer all the questions you have, it’s just really hard to remember all of them. Mom and Dad, I just want to thank you for being the best parents ever! You guys are amazing! I don’t know if I say it enough, but I love you. Everyone else, I love you all very much. I even love you Julia! I know, that’s crazy! LOL Ok, so I was at a devotional on Tuesday, and the speaker gave an awesome talk. I remember him saying,

“Here is what we are teaching, A. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, and the gospel has been restored, or B. Joseph Smith was a fraud and our entire church is a lie. If it’s A, then we have the most important message in the world. We have something that could change or save many people’s lives. It it’s A, then the true gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. I know that it’s A with all my heart, and I want you to know that. I wish that every single person in the world would listen to your message. I know that if they did and they prayed about it, they could all know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and he did see both God the Father and his Son.”

I might not have known that before I came here, or I might have, but I know now. It seems like every day that I have struggled with something in the MTC, God has always put someone or something in my life to help me. He has answered so many of my prayers since I’ve been in the MTC. I owe everything that I have to Him. I love this gospel, and I can’t wait to share it with the people in Ecuador. I KNOW the church is true. I probably sound too much like a missionary! LOL It was a good talk, and I just wanted to share it with you all. If you have any questions about my flight plans, dear elder me. I’m starting to get nervous; I’m not going to lie. Anyway, I’ve got to go. I love you all very much! Can’t wait to talk to you all. Asta luego!
Love,
Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment