Monday, October 26, 2009

"I'm doing great, and I've learned so much this past week!"

October 26, 2009
Hey family!
Hey how are you? It’s killing me not being able to get a letter from you guys yet. We still haven’t received our letters, but I think we get them tomorrow during our zone meeting. But ya, it’s been two weeks since that last letter I received from you, or from anyone. Ok, so first things first- I filled out that MTC survey and I am going to send it out today, along with a letter for Lili. I found out that it cost 2 dollars to send out one letter, so those two letters will cost me 4, but that’s ok. I’ll probably just be emailing you guys and not sending too many real letters. This is the fist letter that I have sent from here to Lili, and I feel kind of bad, so could you let her know about it. I’m only allowed to email family, so that kin ofa sucks, but rules are rules. Anywho, I have a few requests. I was wondering if you could send me some church music for the harmonica, and also some CDs for my CD player? Maybe some Josh Groban, and some good music like that. If you could send me that it would be great. Anyway, so I’ll tell you about my week. First I told you about the baptism right. Well it was supposed to be this week, but we changed it to next because José Madina didn’t come to church. So we are going to teach him about keeping the Sabbath day, which I believe we are teaching tonight. We also asked an older couple to be baptized, or the Barre family. They are way nice people. They said they would, but next month because they don’t feel ready, but we think they are. The people here are so amazingly nice. We get to teach so many people and they always let us into their houses. They are hardly ever mean. The members are so awesome, we visit them all the time. It was funny I forgot to tell you this, so we have family home evening every miercoles, with like all the members. It’s normally at someone’s house and everyone that goes to church goes to it. So there are like maybe 30 people who show up, give or take. But my second day in Ecuador we had this family home evening. Normally, they have a quick lesson and we play games and have some refreshments. We were playing this game where one person acts like a cat and gets on the hands and knees and makes noises. I really don’t know how to play it because it was in Spanish and I had no idea what was going on, but somehow I ended up being the cat and crawling on around. They were all saying things in Spanish and I was lost, but it was fun. Last family home evening was way fun too. It’s funny because somehow I always get picked on to do something while I’m there. They talked me into singing Armies of Helaman in English to them. They said I did a good job, but I think they were just being nice. They also tried to get me to sing the Mulan song from the movie. “Who is that girl I see?”, but I never did. Lol but really, the members are all so nice. I love the family home evenings. Ok what else can I tell you? My companion is cool, he is a really nice guy. My roommates are way nice. Elder Santa Maria and Elder Sadan. They really are so nice. The other day I was cleaning my clothes, and I didn’t have time to finish because it was companion study. So I left them there and was going to finish it later, but they washed the rest of my stuff for me and hung it up. O so guess what? We don’t have people who was our clothes. Nope, we have to wash them by hand, and it takes forever! No joke it takes me like 2 hours to do all my clothes. Actually, I haven’t washed all my clothes yet because it takes too long. Ya we do it outside it buckets. It’s so much fun! Oh I think you guys will like this. Ok so when we go to the bathroom in America we wipe and we flush the paper. Not in Ecuador, here you wipe lol and you put it into the trash right next to you. We take that trash out every week. Lol today was my turn to clean the bathroom and it was sick. But it’s better now. Lol. But really, it’s not as ghetto as I thought it would be. It is ghetto, but not too bad. We live on the third story of the building, so they have big buildings here. They also have mc-ds (I think he means McDonalds) here. I went the other day and got an ice cream. But where I live it’s really ghetto. They do have nice malls and stuff and other places in the town. I’ll definitely get a video of where we live pretty soon. I’ll try figuring out how to send it in a few weeks. Ok so the language is hard, but this last week has been a lot better. In the lessons I actually understand more then 50%. But when they are just talking about other things, most they time I am lost. But its coming, just coming really slow it seems. Ok so I almost forgot to tell you about this. Ok so I guess New Years is crazy here. It’s two months away and people are already getting ready. On the side of the streets they are building huge persons and statues of random stuff. It’s all made out of wood and paper. They look tike giant piñatas. Some of them are like 15 feet tall and 20 long. I guess on New Years they fill them to the top with fireworks! No joke I have been here for 2 weeks and I have seen like so many huge firework shows. I saw a church light some off two days ago. Lol they have concerts in the streets for some of their churches. Lol it’s awesome. But yah, if will definitely get the New Years thing on tape and send it home. I hear it is so crazy. There is so much stuff here that I want to tell you guys, but so very little time. But anyway, just thought I would tell you about that. I’m doing great, and I have learned so much this last week. I am having a great time, and it’s crazy how much faster the time is going by here compared to in the MTC. Anyway, I gotta go family, but I am looking forward to hearing from you guys. I hope its tomorrow, because I really need a letter. But I love you all very much, and I miss you all. I hope all is well and things are going great.

Love,
Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment