Saturday, October 10, 2009

Last Letter from the MTC, October 9, 2009

October 9, 09

Hey family!
TWO MORE DAYS! ok I’m gonna be honest about this, I’m getting way scared! Did I tell you that I don’t know any Spanish? LOL. Just jokin, but that’s kind of what it feel like, though. Anyway, I got the cinnamon rolls that you made for me mom, and everyone liked them. There were just the right amount for everyone, even both my teachers got one, so thank you so much, and to everyone who helped you make them. Mom I wasn't able to copy the flight plans, so I’m going to try to give you the information and don’t worry I have time this time. So it’s American Airlines, the first flight to from Salt Lake is flight 1456, the second is 1246 and the third is 933. I leave Salt Lake at 8:30 and get to ok Dallas at 12:10. Then I leave Dallas at 2:10-6:00. Then I leave Miami at 6:50 and get to Ecuador at 10. I hope that was helpful to you. Can you believe it only 2 days away? That’s crazy. Anyway mom I also got my money out today, so thank you so much for doing that for me. I always say mom because I know you’re the one who takes care of that stuff. LOL Thank you so much mom and dad for everything you do, I just want to say that I love you guys so much, and I am so grateful for everything that you have taught me. It’s crazy, I never knew how lucky I was until I was gone. I have the best family and the best parents in the world! Thanks so much for teaching me how to be a hard worker. Dad’s probably laughing, but really thanks! I do appreciate you guys so much, and I love you all. Oh, and I want to say thank you to all my friends too, because I owe a lot to you all! You all are amazing! Mom I got your survey that you want me to fill out on the plane, but I don’t know if I’m going to have time. I already decided that I was going to convert everyone I sit by. LOL, or try. No I’ll fill it out, and send it home, I promise. Ok, so I have a pretty cool story to tell you. So the other night I was trying to go to bed because it was way late. One of my roommates, Elder Hicks was snoring so loud it was crazy. I could not go to bed, so I picked up something off the ground and chucked it at him. It didn't even phase him. I mean he sounded like my pig when we were trying to put him in the dog kennel. It was so annoying! Anyway this whole time I was trying to say my nightly prayer. Finally, I decided to ask the Lord. LOL I know- funny, right? Well I remember just asking if he could help me get a good night’s rest. Now, just 2 seconds after I asked, he just completely stopped snoring. It was amazing! Most people would call that a coincidence, but I know it wasn't. It’s so cool to me how the Lord is willing to help me in even the small things. Ok- one more story. This was really the coolest thing that happened to me. A few days ago, I was writing my testimony in Spanish. I was writing about Craig and the whole experience that happened before coming on my mission, and how I know I will see him again. When I was in the middle of it, one of the guys told me that he wanted me to listen to a song. The song is called So Long Goodbye, by Ten Years. It’s kind of hard to explain what the song says, so you guys should listen to it. It’s a really good song, and I couldn't help but start to cry as I listened to it. I don’t know why, but I’m a big baby just like dad. LOL But it was really amazing to me that he showed that song to me while I was writing about Craig. I know some people would say that’s a coincidence, but I know that it wasn't. It just goes to show you that God loves us and wants to help us in anyway he can. I know with all my heart that I will see Craig again, and I can’t wait. Anyway, I just wanted to share those two experiences with you. Over this last week my testimony has grown so much, especially after conference WOW! Elder Holland’s talk was sooooo good.
Ryan,
hey Ryan thanks for the dear elder, its always good to hear from my main man! Just wanted to say thanks, tombien, I want to say thanks for the car, I like that a lot. I’ll take it everywhere. Did you like the ring I gave you? Well, I love you, and I’ll talk to you later.
Melissa,
Hola Melissa! Thanks for the letter, that was pretty awesome and I loved it. ok you asked if I was the tallest? I am definitely not the tallest. There are some giants here. LOL but I’m still the best at basketball. JK No, there are way good basketball players here. Everyone is way jealous, sobre, of the Winnie the Pooh sheets. They all lay on my bed; it’s kind of annoying sometimes. LOL Oh, I miss my own room, you’re lucky! My favorite things about the MTC are the friends that I have made and my teachers. Everyone is way cool here. Food is ok I’m getting way tired of it though. I can’t wait for Ecuador, I’ll just tell you that. But I just want you to know that I love you and miss you. write me again, if you want.
Julia,
What up Julia! How are you? How is school going? How many boyfriends do you have? JK. Tell me what’s going on in your life. Anywho, I love you and I’ll talk to you later, and I miss you.
Janae,
Janae how are you doing? What’s been going on in your life? How is Justin doing? LOL JK- hey do you think you could give me his address? I don’t believe I have it. Anyway Janae I just wanted to say hi and see how you’re doing. I love you and miss you!
Family I gotta go now, I think I have been talking too much, sorry. Oh, mom don’t worry about writing me on dear elder thinking I’ll get it tomorrow because we don’t get dear elders on Sat, so today’s are my last ones in the MTC. Crazy! Anyway I love you all and miss you way a lot! I’ll write you in Ecuador! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment