Monday, September 13, 2010

the president taught us for 6 hours every day for 4 days straight...

September 13, 2010
Fam!!!!
Hey everyone what’s up? How are you all? How has your week been? That’s so cool what happened to Jordan, that he sold the trailer so fast. It’s always so cool to see your prayers get answered so fast! I am sure Jordan was stoked when that happened. So is Jordan looking for a job to help pay for school and everything? What is Jordan studying? I thought he wanted to do something in business. Oh hey, how much did he sell the trailer for? That’s so crazy that there are so many missionaries that are leaving and that are getting their mission calls. Are there any missionaries that are getting close to coming home?
Anyway so you wanted to know when the next transfers are. Well this week is the last week before transfers. I am pretty sure that it’s the last time I’ll be writing from this sector and with the companion that I have right now. I don’t know for sure but that is my guess. Not very often a missionary stays 5 transfers in one sector, but we will see soon. lol Well not much has happened in this week or nothing really exciting. lol We had a conference for all the elder companions, district leaders and zone leaders, in which the president taught us for 6 hours every day for 4 days straight. I went with Elder Thayne who lives with us and my companion stayed with the comp of Elder Thayne and they worked in our sectors while we were at the conference. President taught us about all the new changes that are going on in the mission with the way we teach the lessons. Its was really an amazing conference that got me so motivated to work harder and to change the way I teach. What the church wants us to do now is teach a lot more using the Book of Mormon combined with the Holy Ghost. We did a lot of practices and how to teach using to B.O.M.. Really it’s so important that our investigators have or get a testimony of the BOM. because if they do they will stay in the church and not fall away. Also he talked about how important it is that our investigators go to church, because in church is the best way that they can receive revelation and feel the Holy Ghost the most. The most important part is the Sacrament. Really he talked about 8 different topics or 8 things that we need to do a lot better or focus our teaching and the work in these 8 things. He said they are going to have these conferences every other month until the next year in July or something like that, pretty much until I leave. Really it was such a great conference and gave me the chance to recognize the things that I can to better and the things I need to improve in my teachings, and it’s a lot. The President Montalti is really powerful speaking and made just about every missionary scared to get up and talk. lol No really he is amazing!! Super funny!
Anyway I think I am just going to end it here because really not much has happened this last week. I am so sure that the next week I’ll have a lot more to say with the new changes. lol I’ll be sure to write all about it. Well I want you all to know that I love you and I miss you all. The mission is the best experience in the world! Not because it’s fun but because it has changed my life so much and give me the opportunity to look at things from a different perspective. I feel like I now know who I am in this life a lot better and what I want, but more important I know who my Father in Heaven is and what he expects of me. The Church is true!! Love you all!

Con Cariño,
Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment