Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I had to take a nine hour bus ride to my new sector!!!

September 21, 2010
Everyone!!

Fam! How are you all? Sorry it took me so long to write you all!!. These last few days have been really crazy!!! Super crazy!! Hecka crazy!! Ok well I got changed yesterday! I would have written you yesterday but I had to take a nine hour bus ride to my new sector!!! lol I know 9 hours. So long. I am now serving in a small little city or village named Catamayo its about one hour outside of Loja. Me and my new comp are the only missionaries in the whole city. For district meetings on Tuesday we have to travel 1 hour in bus to Loja. My companion’s name is Elder Orozco from Nicaragua. He has about 8 months in the mission. He seems super cool and a very hard working. I am stoked to work with him. oh and his last companion was Elder Spindler, my comp from the MTC. lol ok, so to tell you about our sector or what’s it like. Well it’s a small little city like Hamilton but a little bigger. There are so many fields and mountains that are all around. Today is my first day working in the sector and they gave me a very warm welcoming. lol for lunch we ate at a member’s house and we had cow stomach with rice and this stuff called verde, which means green. It’s a lot like a banana and they eat so much here. Almost everyday in the mission I have eaten rice with verde. lol but is way good. oh also we talked with a lady today that is 110 years old. She was walking in the street without shoes on. Really it is so cool here, and I am so stoked to be in this sector because it’s out of Guayaquil and it’s way calm. The people don’t rob here as much. The only thing that I have heard about where we are is that almost everyone one is Catholic. There are so many Catholic churches here and I heard that there are a lot of people that don’t want to listen, but that won’t stop me and my comp. I am now used to the Catholics. lol jk ok so our house is soooooo big and only me and my comp live there. I’ll have to take pics and send them to all you. oh talking about pics, I sent a CD for you all in the mail last week Have you gotten it? Let me know when you do so I can erase all my pics and start over here in my new sector. ok so I have a some more good news. They called me to be the district leader!! WHAT WHAT!!!. I don’t know how I am going to do it, but that’s all good. I’ll just have to learn quickly. Today we had our first district meeting and luckily I didn’t have to teach, but starting the next week I am in charge of the teaching. Also calling at nights to see how the investigators are of the other missionaries. On Sunday I have to call everyone and get their numbers and a lot of more cool stuff like that. lol I am scared out of my mind. We will see how things go. I should have a lot to tell you the next week, because really I don’t know the sector all that well. I have only met one member or the fam. ok so right now I just sent pìcs of me and my new comp. Also a pic that I took from the window of the house and you can see that there are a lot of mountains. We have a really rich house lol. I’ll send more pics the next week also. ok so you asked me if I had advice for Cody. So this is for Cody. lol Cody, enjoy the food we eat back at home or what your mom cooks because that’s all going to change. Also start reading in the Book of Mormon so that you get to the point of driving it, or you know were some of the stories are. Practice your scripture mastery and all that. Most of all, studying the Book of Mormon is the most important thing you can do. If you have like 15 minutes or 30 everyday, read in the Book of Mormon. Also, Preach My Gospel is way good and important. Really that’s all I have to say, that and just enjoy these last 3 weeks and get prepared to have the best expereince in all your life and see some of the craziest things in the world. In 2 years you’re going to go home as a new person and with so many experiences to tell and advice to give. The mission rocks! The same thing goes with Taylor. Hey mom has Taylor started his papers yet? I know his b-day is in Nov. so he can start now. How is he doing? Jordan gave me a quick update on him. Tell him I said to tell him to get started, because I am dieing to find out where he is going or better said when he is coming here!!! lol broma no mas pero si seria tan cheverye!! ha. practicing my Spanish. lol ok well I better get going because I still have to write the president. Everyone, I love and miss you so much. Don’t worry about me. I am doing great and not a bit worried of all the Catholics. lol they don’t even know what’s coming. lol with a lot of faith, prayer and fasting I know the Lord will soften their hearts and prepare them for the message that we bring that’s so important. Pray for them and I will do the same. I am praying for you all always and you are all siempre en mi mente. i love you all. les amo muchisismo!

Con Cariño, me elder keables

2 comments: