Sunday, August 8, 2010

“Many are called but few are chosen.”

August 2, 2010

Hey family!!!

Mom how are you! Thanks for the letter! Sorry that you are sick! That kinda stinks. I am sure that things are just crazy there whit, jordan and julia and janae and all their friends- also whitney wrote me and said that she is going to visit you guys this week. She also told me that she got a job that pays 20 bucks an hour!! RICH!!! That’s so crazy that Emily Pietz just got married- things are really changing while I am here in Ecuador. Thanks for the pic that you sent me of Lili and her grandpa. I remember when we went to the 50th anniversary of her grandpa and grandma. I am sure that it’s really hard for Lili and for the family!!

Mom, I wrote the family Lohse and sent the letter today, so it should get to them this week or the next. Now I just need to write Taylor and tell him to get on the ball. He needs to go so that I don’t have to wait so much time when i get back. Tell him to start right now!! That is a little bit surprising that Tori is engaged but that would be cool if they got married in the temple. Hey so mom you asked me about my shoes and how they are but don’t worry I’ll be good for the next year. One of them is starting to get old, but I have two more pairs that are pretty much new. lol so I should be good to go!!!

Ok so you asked me about the work or if there is anyone that has a baptism scheduled. So yes we do have someone or had some scheduled for yesterday. lol Omar Farah had his baptism yesterday. We asked him on Wednesday if he would be ok with moving the baptism to Sunday and he said yes that he would love it. So we went to his house everyday and by Saturday he was finished with all the lessons. We had the baptism right after church and there were a bunch of members there. It was reallly a great service. The dad of Omar was there, and it was really cool because we asked him to share his testimony. When he started to share his testimony, he started to cry. Afterwards, the bishop said it was one of the best services that he had been to. Now I’m going to brag a little bit, but the bishop asked me when I might have a change. I told him that it might be the next Sunday. He then said that if I go they will all miss me and that he wants my directions to write me and also a pic. It was really nice to see someone so happy for the work that we are doing, so I had to brag just a little bit. But really it was one of the best baptism services that I have ever been to. It all came out really well. Omar is a 21 years old and lives with his dad. His mom and brothers live in Spain. But I think this week we are going to try to teach his dad. But ya, it really was a surprise how we found Omar or better said it was a miracle how we found him, and he was so prepared. It’s so true what it says in the scriptures, that the Lord knows who are chosen. Or I think the scripture says, “Many are called but few are chosen.” Omar was one of those chosen. It was really a blessing from the Lord. He went to church the first time last Sunday and right after church yesterday he got baptized. It was amazing! If you have more questions about Omar just ask me! Well I really don’t know what else to tell you all about. My comp is still a little sick so we haven’t left during the day, just at night. But this week we should be able to leave, so am excited. So I could have a change the next week so I’ll let you know about that also. The next Monday I might have a new area or new comp, but we will see. Not too sure. Well I really don’t know what more to say because things are just moving right along. The mission is straight up sick!!! I really don’t think there is any other way to put it. Tell Taylor again to get on his papers. I don’t have patience to wait for him to get home when I get home. The faster he leaves the faster it will be when we hang out when he gets back! Anywho, I better get going. Mom I will pray for your health and the health of everyone else also. I love you all and miss you all sooooo much. Take care and I look forward to next week. Love you all!!!

Lots of love,

Elder Keables.

No comments:

Post a Comment