Monday, July 19, 2010

I know that this is where I need to be and that this is the work of the Lord...

July 19, 2010
Hey family!!!!
Hey Hey Hey How are you all??? Things sound like they are changing so much every day! For me things feel like they are just staying the same. I was thinking about and I know why the mission goes by so fast. It’s because you do the same thing everyday, so like 3 months later, it still feels like yesterday. But when you think about it, it really has been a long time and that you really have had so many good experiences. But really I am doing great, and I am having a blast. This week was a lot easier, and I don’t feel homesick as much. Did I tell you that one of the guys in our house is from California? His name is Elder Bincki or something like that. But he is sooooo funny. Really, he makes thing so interesting in the house. I’ll be sure to send some videos home of him. I know that you guys will laugh. All I have to do is just look at him and I start laughing. lol jk But he totally reminds me of Taylor sometimes. Not the way he looks, just the way he is. lol One thing that’s cool about the mission, I feel like I have made so many new friends. I feel like if someone is a missionary they are my friend. lol I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s cool. I just feel so comfortable talking to them. lol Anyway it was nice to read a few messages from my Facebook (I pasted his birthday messages into his the email message to him) lol wow it’s been forever since the last time I have heard from them. How is Anthony doing? Is he going to play basketball in Montana? I wrote him a letter but just forgot to send it. lol I’ll have to do that. I don’t even know who is Steven Sylvester is, but that’s cool. lol no maybe I do, I just have a bad memory. Hey so how is Cody doing? Today I went to the office of the mission because my comp is a little sick. But when I got there, I was talking to the secretary and he showed me all the info about Cody and his picture and everything. lol I totally got my ways to get in the system, and know Cody is going to be my comp. lol No, but I did see his page that they have about him. It was crazy to see that he is coming here! I still find it hard to believe. ok so talking about Lili- man I don’t know what she is talking about. “I just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine...lol :)” l have been sending like at least 2 letters every week since I got here in Ecuador. lol There must be something wrong with the postal service or there is someone who just loves reading my letters and is stealing them. lol No I’m really joking, she does have a point. I have been a little bit slow with the letters, but I have never waited more than a month to send a letter. lol but that is kind of funny. I can’t wait for those letters. oh -before I forget- can you tell Tyler that I said happy birthday and that I love him! Ok- so talking about baptism dates, we are still working hard. The investigators that we have didn’t go to church this last week, so they lost their dates. We are working as hard as we can to help them feel the true desire to change their lives and to actually act on that desire or just show some real progress. We have a few investigators that seem really good, they just need a little more help. Everything is going great! The mission is the hardest thing in my whole life, but it is the best. It’s just like that time me and Jordan climbed Mount Shasta. It was the hardest and we thought we would never want to do it again, but really I would do it again in a heartbeat. Sometimes I miss the old life, but I know that this is where I need to be and that this is the work of the Lord. There are a lot of people that think that the Mormons or that our church is just like any other religion, or just a way of life. But the more time I have and the more my testimony grows I realize that it’s a lot more than that. The gospel is everything!! I love the church, and I love the message that I have been called to teach. This is the true church. It’s not only a good religion or a organization, it’s the only way to return and live with our Heavenly Father and our families forever!!! I want you guys to know that I know that this is the true church and this is the work of the Lord. I love you guys all so much and miss you all so much. I feel so lucky to have family and friends like all of you. I hope you all have the best week ever!!! lol I know- I am weird!! I love you all!! Chao!!

Con Amor,
Elder Keables

No comments:

Post a Comment